Erythromycin is prescribed for treatment of bacterial infections.
500 mg Erythromycin
250 mg Erythromycin
Erythromycin is macrolide antibiotic. Erythromycin is prescribed for treatment of bacterial infections. It can also be used to treat rheumatic fever attacks and bacterial endocarditis.
It is recommended to take the medicine as it was prescribed by your doctor. Take it with a glass of water on empty stomach or with food. It is recommended to swallow pill the whole.
The medicine can cause diarrhoea. If you experience watery diarrhoea or has blood in it, stop taking the medicine and contact your doctor.
Patients who are taking pimozide or cisapride, patients with hypersensitivity to the Erythromycin and pregnant and breastfeeding women can't take the medicine. Patients with liver disease or myasthenia gravis may need special test for dose adjustment.
Possible side effects
Side effects can be the following: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat, chest pain, uneven heartbeats, feeling light-headed or fainting, nausea, stomach pain, low fever, lost appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); diarrhoea, dizziness, headache, feeling tired, vaginal itching or discharge, mild itching or skin rash. If you experience any of the side effects listed above contact your doctor at once.
Erythromycin can interact with many medicines. Before starting your treatment inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking especially about minerals, vitamins, medicines prescribed by other doctors.
Take the missed dose as soon as possible. If it is almost time of the next intake just skip it and go back to your schedule.
If you think you have overdosed the medicine seek emergency medical help at once. The overdose symptoms are nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, or hearing loss.
Store the medication at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
The information presented at the site has a general character. Note please this information cannot be used for self-treatment and self diagnosis. You should consult with your doctor or health care adviser regarding any specific instructions of your condition. The information is reliable, but we concede it could contain mistakes. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other damage caused by use of this information on the site and also for consequences of self-treatment.